Exact Schur Decomposition

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128172] Exact Schur Decomposition
  • From: Geoffrey Eisenbarth <geoffrey.eisenbarth at>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:26:27 -0400 (EDT)
Anyone know of a work around to get exact matrices out of the SchurDecomposition command? Unfortunately, when I pass an integer matrix through the command, it gives an infinite precision error. I know I can run the matrix through the numerical N[] command before I pass it to SchurDecomposition[], but I'd like to be able to get the exact unitary and upper triangular matrices which decompose a given matrix. Any thoughts on a work around, or is this futile?