cannot work a "conditional If"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130570] cannot work a "conditional If"
  • From: patrice.haldemann at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 03:11:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everybody

I am a newcomer in the mathematica world and I have been facing an issue for some days.

I have used mathematica to solve an NDSolve and it has worked well

I have tested  expressions with the solution of NDSolve and its has worked well.

Now if I use an expression in an "Conditional If", it does not work.

Thank you for your help

See below

signy[t_] := y[t] /. orbit   where y[t] is the solution of the NDSolve

signy[1]

{-1.96861}

 ang12[t_] := If[signy[t] > 3, 10, 6]

 ang12[1]