ReliefPlot of .ply file errors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131535] ReliefPlot of .ply file errors
  • From: Howard Fink <howardfink at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 01:58:56 -0400 (EDT)

I can import a .ply file and it gets imported and displays in 3D:  you can grab it and move it around to take a look at all sides.

When I try to ReliefPlot the imported object (object = Import["pathname/filename.ply"]  the original is 46meg) I get the error message:  Argument at position 1 is not a 2 x 2 or larger numerial matrix of real values.

I tried copying ReliefPlot[
 Import["http://exampledata.wolfram.com/hailey.dem.gz";, "Data"],
 ColorFunction -> "GreenBrownTerrain"] from the Basic Examples of ReliefPlot, substituting my file, but "Data" is not an available element of .ply files.  When I tried DataFormat, which IS in the .ply Elements list, I got a list of {Real32, Real32, Real32} as Argument 1 in the error message.

Howard Fink