Re: Loading plots into Framemaker

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Loading plots into Framemaker
  • From: steve at titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Steve Glicker)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 91 20:25:29 CST

> A filter from regular PostScript to EPSI (if possible) may help.

I'd be interested in such a filter...  Frame Technology Inc. claims
that they are working on such filters for their "next release".
For now they have a crummy workaround, you can create a text-rec in an
anchored frame, load the post-script text into the text-rec, and
specify that the "Flow Properties" (in the Format menu) are "PostScript
Code".  This will cause the postscript to be interpreted as such
when the document is printed.  The image is not rendered on-line.
I tried this once and it seemed to work, but it was not good enough since
I wanted to add graphics and text to the plot via Frame.
(Of course Frame does not take a standard Mathematica postscript file,
I had to filter it through "psfix").

We have a high res. scanner which we may end up using to digitize
hardcopy plots since Frame understands its raster files.  (Ugh!)...

-steve