Re: Precision....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33280] Re: [mg33266] Precision....
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:14:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I suggest you read the topics on numerical precision in The Book (1.1.2 and
3.1.4 - 3.1.5) or in the on-line help browser. The way Mathematica handles
precision is different from most conventional computer languages, so the
question about single- or double-precision is not relevant.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City