Summation w/ Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43383] Summation w/ Functions
  • From: reallymadsquid at hotmail.com (Musaddiq Awan)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 04:05:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am basically trying to sum something while calling a function of it.
Mathematica is giving me the error that IntegerPart[j] is not an
integer. This is the general idea of my command. (ConstantCalc is a
function)

Sum[ConstantCalc[someVars,j,someMoreVars]*Integral[Wave[[j,0]],{x,-Infinity,Infinity}],{j,1,n}]