Re: Footnotes, Endnotes in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98195] Re: Footnotes, Endnotes in Mathematica
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 04:47:02 -0500 (EST)

In article <gr0ggj$94b$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Yerex, Robert" <robert.yerex at kronos.com> wrote:

> I am trying to converge on a single tool for my analysis, development,
> and publication work. Mathematica is great at the first 2, and Publicon
> seems like an interesting tool for the third. Unfortunately my test
> drive of Publicon indicates that there is no easy way to merge the two.
> So for now I am sticking to Mathematica and brute focing stylesheets,
> etc. I can  ot for the life of me figure out how to do footnotes or
> endnotes in Mathematica !! I have searched every source I can think of
> nad the only useful references are to using Publicon.
>
> Dr. Robert P. Yerex, Ph.D., MBA
> Chief Economist
> Kronos Incorporated

What mode(s) or form(s) of "publication" are you trying to generate?

Although opinions differ, for some of us who want to submit journal
articles, prepare publications or presentations that combine material
generated in Mathematica with material obtained or generated elsewhere,
or repurpose or reuse parts or elements from publications generated
earlier into new publications, the best way still seems to be to Export
material (graphics, tables, etc.) that can best (or only) be prepared in
Mathematica from Mathematica into PDF or other formats, and then use
TeX, LaTeX, Word, Pages, PowerPoint, or any of the numerous other tools
that are designed to be publication tools as your publication tools.