Re: Mathematica Player

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106590] Re: [mg106554] Mathematica Player
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 07:12:37 -0500 (EST)

See this page on the Wolfram site:

http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/interactivedeployment/compare.html

As you can see, notebooks can't be evaluated in the free player.

You can run Wolfram Demonstrations, but not input data.

If you have Manipulates and similar things that you need, you can have Wolfram convert the notebook for you to a .nbp format.

You can view the player as filling two needs:

1.	Run programs from the Wolfram Demonstrations Project

2.	Display 'static' notebooks -- no evaluation or data entry.

The Player Pro has additional functionality, as you can see from the web page.

george