Re: Using Mathematica for Electrophysiology Data Analysis

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110421] Re: Using Mathematica for Electrophysiology Data Analysis
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:04:43 -0400 (EDT)

Francois,

My usual approach to histograms is to first let Mathematica do it, then, once I
have a sense of the data structure, I use BinCounts to pick the bins
that I want and get the counts in them.

As far as the multivariate Gaussian fit to a bimodal distribution. Hmmm.
I am not sure why I would think that that is a good idea. Perhaps a
relevance vector machine approach would provide a better fit.

Kevin