Re: Mathematica R^2 value

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3921] Re: Mathematica R^2 value
  • From: pehowland at taz.dra.hmg.gb ()
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 03:28:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <44t3mp$6t5 at ralph.vnet.net>, Sheila Sue Stevens <sheila at leland.Stanford.EDU> writes:

|>I would like to do a curve fit on Mathematica and also retain the R^2 value.
|>I can get the curve fit with the Fit[] command, but I was wondering if
|>anyone out there knew of a good (quickand easy also a plus) way to instruct
|>Mathematica to calculate R^2.

Use the function Regress[] found in the standard package
Statistics`LinearRegression`.  This returns the function, R^2 and much
more besides.

Paul E Howland                                  Tel. +44 (0)1684 895767
Long Range Ground Radar Sensors                 Fax. +44 (0)1684 896315
LSC2 Division                                 Email. PEHOWLAND at DRA.HMG.GB
Defence Research Agency
St Andrews Road
Malvern
Worcestershire, WR14 3PS, UK