Re: Notional NotebookOpen Nonplus?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg22300] Re: [mg22294] Notional NotebookOpen Nonplus?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:01:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In the message I just sent a silly and confusing typo sneaked in. I wrote:

>The problem is that when you write an expression to a file using Put (>>) you
> are not creating a plain text file and not a mathematica notebook.

I meant, of course:

you are creating a plain text file and not a Mathematica notebook.

Actually in a sense a Mathematica notebook is also a plain taxt file but it
contains lots of formatting commands, which you can see if you open it with
a text editor. By contrast the file you create with Put contains nothing but
your expression.

Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University