Re: Notional NotebookOpen Nonplus?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22300] Re: [mg22294] Notional NotebookOpen Nonplus?
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:01:16 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In the message I just sent a silly and confusing typo sneaked in. I wrote: >The problem is that when you write an expression to a file using Put (>>) you > are not creating a plain text file and not a mathematica notebook. I meant, of course: you are creating a plain text file and not a Mathematica notebook. Actually in a sense a Mathematica notebook is also a plain taxt file but it contains lots of formatting commands, which you can see if you open it with a text editor. By contrast the file you create with Put contains nothing but your expression. -- Andrzej Kozlowski Toyama International University JAPAN http://sigma.tuins.ac.jp