"Rubbish" integration outputs

Hi,

I always find me in troubles when integrating ODE that I think Mathematica
should be able to do. It's all right for the very simplest, but consider for
instance the following:

    x]\)

'A' a constant. Well, the problem is that I don't even the clue that
Mathematica *cannot* integrate it, there is some output with gibberish, like
K$14646 and the like (those are intermediary variables I guess). So what is
wrong? Is Mathematica expected to return such outputs?

Cheers.