"Rubbish" integration outputs
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45724] "Rubbish" integration outputs
- From: "Iwonder" <yssual at yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:55:10 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I always find me in troubles when integrating ODE that I think Mathematica
should be able to do. It's all right for the very simplest, but consider for
instance the following:
\!\(DSolve[\((x + 2 x\^2 + x\^3)\) \(y'\)[x] + \(x\^2\) \(y''\)[x] == A, y,
'A' a constant. Well, the problem is that I don't even the clue that
Mathematica *cannot* integrate it, there is some output with gibberish, like
K$14646 and the like (those are intermediary variables I guess). So what is
wrong? Is Mathematica expected to return such outputs?
Prev by Date:
Re: ctrl-I for italics?
Next by Date:
Re: Transpose matrix does not work when MatrixForm is used, why?
Previous by thread:
Changing Notebook Attributes
Next by thread:
Re: "Rubbish" integration outputs