"Rubbish" integration outputs
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45724] "Rubbish" integration outputs
- From: "Iwonder" <yssual at yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:55:10 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I always find me in troubles when integrating ODE that I think Mathematica should be able to do. It's all right for the very simplest, but consider for instance the following: \!\(DSolve[\((x + 2 x\^2 + x\^3)\) \(y'\)[x] + \(x\^2\) \(y''\)[x] == A, y, x]\) 'A' a constant. Well, the problem is that I don't even the clue that Mathematica *cannot* integrate it, there is some output with gibberish, like K$14646 and the like (those are intermediary variables I guess). So what is wrong? Is Mathematica expected to return such outputs? Cheers.