Problem with graphics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45897] Problem with graphics
- From: Lautaro Vergara <lvergara at lauca.usach.cl>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 05:34:44 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have found the following problem. I have ploted
f[x_, y_] := Sqrt[(x^2 + y^2)^3]
with Plot3D in order to see how it looks. Then I ploted f[x, 0] (which
is x^3) between -1 and 1 and I got a symmetric plot. It seems that
Mathematica plot the function Sqrt[x^6] or (x^2)^(3/2) and evaluate
first the symmetric term (x^6 or x^2)...
Does anyone knows what it happens and how can it be fixed?
Thanks in advance!
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: a bug in Det of complex matrix - Mathematica 5
Previous by thread:
Re: Object Oriented?
Next by thread:
Re: Problem with graphics