Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56745] Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- From: Kenneth Bowman <k-bowman at null.tamu.edu>
- Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 06:01:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Texas A&M University
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <d57gt3$p75$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com> wrote: > I'm not sure what could cause long unresponsive pauses like that other > than some sort of network problem. Is your network properly > configured? Do you have an uncommon setup? Are you connected through > VPN? Do you have any network mounted file systems (nfs, smb, afp, > WebDAV/iDisk)? No. The home filesystem is on an AFP server (XServe). Connection is via gigabit, and no other applications exhibit similar slowdowns. I've ordered 5.1. I'll see if that solves the problem. Thanks, Ken Bowman