Rearranging terms - user-defined
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127105] Rearranging terms - user-defined
- From: drehstuhl2 at googlemail.com
- Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 05:19:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Does anyone know how to tell mathematica the following: I have an expression like: a + bx -by and I want to factorise it like: a + b(x-y) BUT: I want Mathematica to show the difference (x-y) whenever possible (in the different calculations - not just place b outside the bracket). That's because equations are easier to discuss if they are written in a special way. Another example would be: using probabilities, I always want to write mathematica -(1-p) instead of -p+1 throughout the notebook. Sorry, for postig such a beginners question. I know there were similar questions, but it did't help. Thanks a lot!