Re: Install problem of Mathematica kernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100257] Re: Install problem of Mathematica kernel
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 20:59:26 -0400 (EDT)

On May 28, 5:33=C2 pm, thunk <czth... at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> I have installed Mathematica 7.0 recently,but I found that I could not use the program at all, because when I execute the command in notebook, there alway prompt a dialog box saying "Mathematica could not establish a connection to the kernel.Kernel: Local.Low-level MathLink error: Unknown internal error." How to solve the problem=EF=BC=9FCould anybody tell me? Thank.

What OS is this running on?

Is there both a mathematica and a mathkernel process running on the
computer? Is there any messages in the system logs about errors when
Mathematica tries to start up? Did you have a previous version of
Mathematica installed before this 7.0 version. Were there any errors
when you did the install? Did the license number install without any
problems?

Try to supply more info if you can.

-Bob